Thursday, December 18, 2014

Navid and Ashley are a Delight in Their Joy

I love it when I work with a couple only by phone and then get to meet them on their wedding day.  Ashley and Navid were even sweeter and kinder in person than in our planning.  I loved being a part of their wedding.  My special joy started when I went upstairs at Crenshaw Hall in Wake Forest to meet Ashley and her wedding party and found that Navid's mother was fixing Ashley's mother's hair for the ceremony.  Everyone was relaxed and having a wonderful time.  As did Ashley and Navid at their ceremony.  You could tell that this was a wonderful marriage of not only two good people but also two wonderful and supportive families.
Thanks to Gil and Christy Rosado of RGB Insight Photography for these excellent photographs.  They had some obstacles to overcome.  Less than five minutes after the recessional the rain starting pouring down.  I was so glad we made it through the ceremony and folks could get under cover because it was a sudden fall NC deluge.  Too, it was good that the DJ and master of the ceremony music, Jim Unger of Ninety-Nine Entertainment,  could get his gear under cover.  Wonderful professionals, they made everything seem effortless as they managed the weather.  And we all stayed dry.  

I loved that Navid and Ashley chose these words said by character Dana Scully from the 'X-Files' for their ceremony.  It seemed to fit them perfectly.
'It seems to me that the best relationships, the ones that last, are frequently the ones that are rooted in friendship. You know, one day you look at the person and you see something more than you did the night before. Like a switch has been flicked somewhere. And the person who was just a friend is… suddenly the only person you can ever imagine yourself with.'
 After saying loving personal vows that they wrote themselves, they chose such sweet words for their exchange of rings:  "With this ring, I give you my heart.  ......I promise that from this day forward,...... you shall not walk alone. ..... May my heart be your shelter .....and my arms be your home.”  The above also shows the phrasing for how they would repeat them after me.  I never want anyone to feel overwhelmed by having to remember a long sentence and each phrase has power itself.  We never rush the ceremony, especially when the couple gets to say words to each other.  Once again, I'm soooo glad that the rain held off for just those extra minutes.

They sent me these pictures after they returned from their honeymoon.  They were and are a joy!  I wish them many many blessings!



2 comments:

  1. Thanks for this enlightning post. Please keep sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah dear in weddings everyone just enjoy and relax. You both are so sweet dear. You really did effortless planning for your wedding. I am planning for simple Las Vegas Weddings and so I have booked a small but beautiful space for the wedding.

    ReplyDelete