Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Michael and Sarah Marry at The Umstead on a Glorious Day

On June 1st I had the real pleasure of marrying Michael and Sarah at The Umstead Hotel and Spa.  They sent me their pictures in early August and, alas, I'm just now getting to their blog.  I traveled until mid-August and then proceeded headlong into September weddings.  But I didn't want to keep these wonderful pictures and this wonderful couple to myself.

They are just as genuine and open as their smiles.  They live in Maryland now but she went to UNC-G and he went to NC State so it was almost required that they marry in North Carolina.  

They met two weeks before he graduated from high school and their first kiss happened at his graduation .  They have been together for seven years and know the roads between Greensboro and Raleigh very well.
 They had a beautiful June day and thanks to Kevin Milz for taking these wonderful images for them to cherish.  One really nice thing about The Umstead is the ability to take pictures from above.  I want to also thank Watered Garden Florist for their gorgeous flowers, and Arioso Strings who are always a joy to work with. 
They are best friends, Michael loving making Sarah laugh.  He says it has always been easy and rewarding.  Sarah loving that he can still make her laugh until she can't breathe.  I have heard it said that the shortest distance between two people is laughter.

Michael chose the three stone setting of Sarah's engagement ring to represent their past, present, and future.  And I trust that they will have as wonderful a future together as has been their past, and certainly by these smiles, you can tell their present is a delight for them both.
Sarah and Michael told me that they can't wait to officially become a family  And now they are.
Sarah emailed me with these words:  'I hope you are doing well. Michael and I just wanted to say thank you for everything you did to make our wedding so special! You helped make our ceremony more beautiful than we ever could have imagined :)  All the best, Sarah'

It's always a joy for me to know that a couple loved their wedding ceremony and that it fit them perfectly.   I loved being a part of Sarah and Michael's lives at this special time and I wish them many many blessings.


No comments:

Post a Comment