Thursday, October 10, 2013

Aaron and Rachel Marry in May at The Cotton Room

I loved marrying Aaron and Rachel.  They are such fun!  And we had a special connection. My husband, Ruben, was Rachel's science teacher in middle school.  And they have a 100 pound yellow lab named Buddy.  Just thinking about him makes me smile.

Aaron and Rachel wanted a simple ceremony, wanted everyone to feel included, and wanted a ceremony centered on their love.  Easy and a joy to do.  And good professionals to work with, too.  

Michelle Allred of The Cotton Room was excellent as always.  Thank you to Kent Murray of Kent Murray Photography for his great photographs of the wedding.  Margaret Pender, of Victoria Park Florist was their florist, Sugarland provided their cake and Suzanne Bolt and Shelley Livingston were the violinists for their ceremony.  Kiley Holder of Cool Cats Entertainment was their fabulous DJ at their reception.

 The Cotton Room provides a wonderful blank slate for each couple to personalize.  I loved Rachel and Aaron's orange accents.  They made the room come alive.
 Rachel's sister, Kathryn and Maid of Honor, sang a beautiful piece a cappella amazingly and beautifully.  What a gift.  The piece she sang was the class Irish song 'Believe Me, If All Those Endearing Young Charms.'  I recommend it for any wedding.  Here is a Youtube clip from singer John McDermott.
I love how relaxed and present Rachel and her attendants look, and so lovely in those colors.
I think it was Rachel's father that took this picture at the rehearsal.  I love it.  It's a great memory of the joy I have in marrying couples, and this very special couple.  

I wish Aaron and Rachel many many happy years together!

No comments:

Post a Comment