Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Gabe and Amy and Their 1000 Watt Smiles


Gabe told me about Amy's 1000 watt smile before I met them and I could see it. And his smile was just as radiant on their wedding day at The Carolina Inn on August 21st.

It was a small family wedding so was held inside in the Alumni Room and their reception in the Old Well Room. Amy's brother took their pictures.



I loved working with them and it was all long distance. We talked on the phone since they were in Washington DC and I was in Montreal at the time. Then just one month before their ceremony, they went on a safari to Africa - I believe it was Kenya. They've shared some wonderful adventures - last year the went to Macchu Pichu and hiked The Inca Trail. They want to get some good traveling in before they have children. What a wonderful store of memories they're already creating (as well as great pictures).

It was wonderful to work with Rachel from Bliss by Sam again. I always know that everything will go smoothly when she's there. She's always so positive, can handle all contingencies with grace and is generous of spirit.

A string duo from Arioso Strings played the very classic Pachelbel's Canon in D and The Wedding March for the recessional. As always, they were flawless.

This is truly a couple who embraces the world and it shows in their delight for what life offers, especially in their love for each other. Our final benediction was 'May you dwell together in peace, love and joy.' I say Amen to that.

No comments:

Post a Comment